Thursday, November 1, 2012

Nike T90 IV Review

 The T90 Laser IV is quite simply the best shoe I have ever worn. HOWEVER there is something wrong with every shoe and this review will outline those and help you choose if this is the shoe for you!

I'll start with a few positives; Nike have had a dealership with players such as Rooney and Torres to wear this boot to help market it as the perfect boot for a striker and the boot that is supposed to give to give you the best accuracy. I know many people believe that all you need is a comfortable durable boot and none of the fancy paddings or such that are around these days, and I completely agree! However, I think you will be surprised.


  • The most noticeable thing about this boot is the comfort, the middle of the boot is wide for those of you for wide feet but not too wide that it will leave your foot with that "Loose" feeling.
  • Breaking in - This only took me around 1-2 weeks playing 5 times a week, personally this is better then most boots I have tried
  • The strike pad - This is what most of you have been waiting for, I do not feel that this boot has a great deal of benefit based on the strike pad, however it is helpful in a free kick scenario
  • The "Grill" on the boot - For me, this feature is fantastic, as I am a defender who enjoys free kicks curves are absolutely amazing, however if you are one of those people who likes a knuckle ball or a generally straight trajectory this boot makes it quite difficult to do, so again, it comes down to preference (Note: The curves that you are able to make with this ball are reliant on technique and this shoe requires a slightly different technique then usual to get the most out of the boot)
  • Durability - As the main boot I use to play games etc. I have worn these for easily 4 months and they are still very good condition with noticeable sign of damage
Now that I have covered the advantages I think it may be beneficial to those of you who wish to buy it to cover some of the lesser impressive things I have found with the boot

  • The heel, personally I find this a little two tight and for the first month I had blisters if the game went on for more then 100 minutes (ET +10)
  • The grill - This was an advantage as well, however depending on your play style it can get very annoying if you don't enjoy curves and are not used to it
  • The boot is quite light but not the lightest you can get, personally this doesn't make a difference but some people do mind.

Finally, this boot is great for almost any position, I am a defender and I can vouch this boot is solid in a tackle and very good for free kicks, however it does disturb passing if you hit the ball below the centre of mass.

All in all this boot is a fantastic piece of work and I reccomend this boot to anyone!

If you need a second opinion because you don't entirely trust my judgement here is a youtube clip you can check out:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uR-TIwnCcg4

You can buy these boots and even customize them at Http://www.NikeID.com


No comments:

Post a Comment