Friday, November 2, 2012

Nike Mercurial Vapor VIII (8)

The Nike Mercurial line has always been a line of shoe that has never been my strong suit so please bear with me.

The Nike Mercurial Vapor 8 is a fantastic boot do not get me wrong, however much like every boot on the market it is made for a specific type of player and is best suited to them, as always, lets start with the advantages!

  • Weight - Wow, was the first thing that popped in my head when I held these boots, they are incredibly light, I believe they are the lightest currently on the market but don't get quote me on that! Seriously though the weight is fantastic, it is almost like playing in socks!
  • ACC - All conditions control, it is a terrific feature! I would definetly reccomend it if you live in a country with rainy conditions such as UK.
  • Material - You can feel by touching them that they are much softer then the super-fly series and you can definetly feel it in the first touch of the boot during a game, this really helps with control.
  • Comfort - This shoe definetly feels good when you put them on and the break in time is almost non existent ( I can't be 100% because I had mine done by the new Nike Steamer! )
In all aspects it is the perfect shoe for a LM or RM or any player that likes to make runs and sprints down the pitch alot!

Now not every shoe is perfect, in this case, here is why;

  • They have changed the material from the superfly line which personally upsets me because I liked the FEEL of the touch on the superfly's (Although the Mercurials is much better)
  • Durability - These boots are not the best durability, I have played with these boots a lot and after around 2 months (2-3 sessions a week) I am already starting to see bits wearing down and without doubt there will be damage to the boot within the next few months
  • The studs - On the FG version there is very little studs and there really is not alot to help you with grip for your quick turns and sprints in different directions (It reduces agility) I would highly reccomend the SG versions unless the FG is a MUST
  • The weight - What? WHY! Well, here is why, personally I am a defender so if you are a Midfielder or a Striker completely disregard what I am about to say, the light weight makes the shoe prone to damage in defence when going in for tackles and it feels very weak and worrying to go into a tackle with these boots on.

All in all, another terrific boot, positions wise it is debatable and a matter of personality and playing style. For example the Right back and other CB on my team own Vapor 8's and love them however personally I do not enjoy them, for a LM/LW and RM/RW as well as ST (Any attacking position really...) there is not much argument in saying it is a fantastic boot, however the weight is something you may have to get used to so I would not reccomend ordering these boots online, make sure you try them first.

If you don't entirely trust my judgement and want a second opinion you can check out this youtube clip:

OR here is a test to see the damage that can be done!


Also I have reccomended not to buy online but either way you should check out www.Nike.com and find the boot because they have some helpful reviews!




No comments:

Post a Comment